@mycrazyisreal

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Joy over Woe



Well, my sisters, January 1st has come and gone. All the Christmas decorations have been removed and put in boxes for next year (mostly). The New Year Eve celebrations have ceased. 2018 brings with it a new found hope for advancement, enlightenment and growth.  We start to dream of all the people, places and things we want to encounter this year. New jobs, new friendships, or even a  new house. No matter your dreams this can be the year they come true. These dreams can bring you joy or they can bring you woe into your life.

The word joy is defined as the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.
I started my post with a collage of words related to joy. One of the words that stuck out to me was content. This word is simple but has a complex meaning. In our modern society to be content means to settle. It means to give up going after what you want and accept the status quo. But in the Kingdom of God, the meaning is the direct opposite. As Apostle Paul put it so sweetly in Philippians 4:11  "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

  To be content in the Kingdom means to have joy wherever you are no matter your present circumstances. We should never feel God has left us to fend for ourselves. In Psalms 139:17-18. It says How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.We are on the mind of our Father. We are his thoughts daily so we should feel no woes about our dreams.

 Woe is defined as a condition of deep suffering from misfortune, affliction, or grief. 
Let me first say that the word of God says Many are the afflictions of the righteous:but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. Psalms 34:19.  

Now having said that as daughters of the living King whose kingdom covers all we should not have worry about the nouns (people, place or things).In Philippians 4:6 says  "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." We have to learn how to trust (rely on) God completely.
  I must confess that I was a worrier. I would seat and play out various scenarios in my head of how things would work out for me. I would have panic attacks and battle depression that would sometimes have me crippled in the bed. Days would try into weeks before I will see daylight. If it had not been for the love and patience of God  I would probably still be in the hell of my mind crying for him to come get me.  
 The scriptures that saved my life was Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 

 These scriptures change the way I thought about my life and the things in it. I have learned to put everything in God's hands and trust him that he knows what I need when I needed. No more mind ping pong and just peace in knowing he is able.

As we leave January and begin to move forward into this year my sisters trust God with your everything and your joy will be substance throughout the year.




















No comments:

Post a Comment